Wednesday, November 30, 2016
This Company is a Black Box, does anybody know anything about them? C'mon Derrick Dig! They are a subsidiary of Honeywell UTC. I do not know if there is a Thermal Clip-On that does not use an OLED Display. But I could be convinced otherwise.
More Advice From the Yahoo Board, Stop Being the Armies R&D Arm! (I'm detecting some frustration with the share price so they take it out on BAE and Sensors But Nobody Cares. Sad!
Anti-Sensor Backlash Grows on Yahoo Message Board! (Unlikely they will see it Jnas so I'll take the liberty of registering your outrage here, we do not sensor anything here)
U.S. Army Targets BAE Systems to Provide New High-Resolution Thermal Weapon Sights..BAE Systems will provide the U.S. Army with high-resolution thermal weapon sights under the Family of Weapon Sights – Crew Served program
|Who got it...Kopin...eMagin, some each? Bigger share, Dr. Wittels, do you know?|
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Monday, November 28, 2016
Sunday, November 27, 2016
Saturday, November 26, 2016
Thomas Alt, previously at Metaio "Thomas Alt, who joined Apple after the company bought Metaio, an AR company he was the CEO of, is listed as an inventor on a glasses patent assigned to Carl Zeiss. His LinkedIn profile lists him as "Director of Procurement, Strategic Deals Team" at Apple."
Friday, November 25, 2016
Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Maybe, maybe not, the F-35 HMD with ForthDD LCOS displays in the HMD is having problems qualifying, the displays are slow and not lining the symbology up with the target and the guns. The pilots are unhappy. Rockwell is no stranger to LCOS or OLED.
$KOPN AMLCD #wearabletech already inside F35 #AR helmet from @RockwellCollins -> @ForthDD LCOS inside new #mixedreality training/sim #HMD? https://t.co/bJEsbTXWGF— Derrick Zierler (@DZierler) November 23, 2016
Monday, November 21, 2016
Saturday, November 19, 2016
Friday, November 18, 2016
The U.S. Military Will Bring F-35s Into Service Without Finishing Them.Pilots have reported that the helmet’s displayed symbols can lag behind their eye’s movement while they are flying through turbulence or being buffeted during hard maneuvering. Whether the gun is actually combat suitable or not will not be known until realistic operational test results become available in 2020 — at the earliest. The Navy and Marine Corps F-35 variants will have even more serious gun accuracy problems because both use an external gun pod with an unavoidably less rigid mounting than the internal cannon. Firing this pod creates recoil forces that pull the plane’s nose down, potentially creating worse effects on accuracy than the F-35A’s muzzle door.
|Somebody gonna get the Skyhook?|
Thursday, November 17, 2016
Night Vision for Everyone! (Ok, Soldier Systems if we can't sue Apple We'll Sue You) See if you all can connect the dots, pixels, whatever...
|"No!, not you two! I can't believe it!"|
It's winter in Romania? Hmmm. Ubimax has their logo on a Dual Display AR HMD...in Romania and Dan Cui Retweeted, that's a mysterious looking place.
No distance too far, no winter too cold to introduce latest Augmented Reality technology to the world and our Romanian clients! pic.twitter.com/bukb68STIv— Ubimax (@Ubimax) November 17, 2016
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
C'mon, Spark and Torch have to be more fun than checking moisture levels in commercial roofing systems! (really, exclamation point?)
Marty L. uses FLIR thermal for checking for moisture in commercial roofing systems! What do you use thermal imaging for? pic.twitter.com/A932h5XxOj— FLIR (@flir) November 15, 2016
Apple is going to brand OLED as a Real Black™ Power Saver™ display and charge $100 extra https://t.co/iFXLgjn6rF— Stephen Hall (@hallstephenj) November 15, 2016
C'mon John Kerry, we know you would like to approve this device for Export as your last Official Act, you would certainly go down in history as the SOS that guaranteed Night Vision for all! Reset!
eMagin BlazeTorch — прибор ночного видения для всех pic.twitter.com/agaHU7BPyB— Jenny Павел Шарапов (@fejkbrunett) November 15, 2016
Facebook! (Don't bother with Periscope unless you want to navigate through awful guitarist and Youth Hockey in Manitoba)
Monday, November 14, 2016
|Nothing wrong with a sense of urgency|
last CC Andrew (Covers Apple for Oppenheimer) Urkowitz said "Yes, things seem to be exciting." Thus time "Things are exciting!" There you go.
He did seem bummed about The Donald election in regard Apple and Trump's Non -Bromace with Tim. Oh well, recent event proved him out.They do have to have an advert campaign that provides their bona fides. Sell as Tactical, every damn thing now is tactical. Stress eMagin's military experience, the special relationship they have with the Spec Ops Command. Heck, throw in the Oasys sight that eliminated the Somali Pirate threat. Rehearsal for Abbotabad Raid was with Intelligent Decisions and your HMD. If I was advising that would represent part of the campaign. Build brand awareness, right now on a scale of 1-100 it is 1. Ads at Night Vision Depot, Tactical Gear and Military Gear, great. Go to Shot Show etc. Let's get rolling on the Social Network Launch. And then the REI side. The Ski Haus, all that. Then Preppers, they know what's coming. Get going.
Just thinking of Outdoor Use Cases
Preppers (They know it's coming)
National Guard, Reserves
Local Search and Rescue
Loss of Power
Working on Lines at Night
If the Number of Stories on BlazeTorch coming out of Russia are any indication of interest in "Night Vision for Everyone" and with
with President The Donald's impending reapproachment with Russia perhaps Torch will be the Russian Military Standard Issue in the coming days.
|"Is it really Doctor Wu?"|
small investment in eMagin, probably OLED in Magic Leap, few days later oops, eMagin too expensive blurry, probably LCOS. Always back to LCOS. Trying duplicate what he did pumping Himax's highly pumpable stock. "Discovered" Himax in Google Glass back in the Mezozoic. Even bragged how he pushed Himax's Market Cap to never before seen heights in his previous post. He's sees more shit in Magic Leaps video than Sturgill Simpson on a 30 day acid trip.
Sunday, November 13, 2016
Saturday, November 12, 2016
Friday, November 11, 2016
@jonPpearson not yet, direct our web and soon, specialty partners— Dan Cui (@dcuinh) November 11, 2016
Nice Follow-up with use cases: FLIR Ocean Scout for example is Handheld and $2k, hard to steer and hold the Scout simultaneously; music evokes boat wrecks and Jimmy Buffet whose boat was shot up by the Coast Guard when he would not acknowledge their order to stop for search, very clever Dan, Fernandez too but that's too sad.
- Advance our product development discussions with Tier One companies to incorporate OLED technology into their next generation products,
- Further penetrate high growth commercial/industrial markets including medical devices and other vertical markets where integration of our OLED microdisplays and optics technology advances product development and adoption,
- Expand our presence in existing and future major military programs and overall customer count in domestic and international military markets,
- Launch new products focused on the consumer market which offer high performance and broad appeal at an attractive price,
- Advance discussions with high volume production partners to utilize our leading production and process technologies, and
- Continue our progress in manufacturing improvements including yield enhancement and production capacity expansion.
- The Company is completing qualification of the XGA (1024 x 768) display which is expected to be available in the first quarter of 2017 for consumer and industrial applications that require cost effective medium resolution microdisplays.
- The Company’s direct patterning development work under the Defense Manufacturing, Science and Technology program (Man Tech) progressed during the quarter and is on track for completion in 2017.
- eMagin’s direct patterning technology has generated significant interest from our military and commercial customers. We will be offering direct patterned displays to our military customers in the second half of 2017.
- The Company’s direct patterning production equipment has been upgraded by the equipment manufacturers based on our design changes to provide significant improvements in display performance and higher production volumes. The upgraded equipment has been re-installed during the fourth quarter with fabrication samples expected by the end of the quarter.
- Product development on the 2K x 2K full color RGB microdisplay, eMagin Corporation’s largest microdisplay design, which expands the Company’s product offerings for the consumer and commercial marketplaces, is on schedule to produce engineering samples. Select customers, including the customer with whom we entered into the license agreement in
December 2015, will receive samples beginning in December. Associated products are expected to be generally available in the first quarter of 2017.
- Beginning to deliver displays for the Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP) phases of the U.S. Army’s Enhanced Night Vision Goggle III (ENVG III) and Family of Weapon Sight-Individual (FWS-I) programs. Shipments under these programs are expected to accelerate beginning in the fourth quarter 2016 and continuing into 2020.
- Entered into a multi-year agreement with a major European defense company that manufactures thermal weapon sights and goggle systems that continues through 2018 and totals in excess of
$3.5 millionin display sales.
- Awarded a new production contract for a European military helmet mounted display system for augmented reality training and simulation. This order will provide displays for initial production in 2017 with follow-on orders expected for several years.
- Received an initial order for a military air defense missile system which will be deployed in 19 countries. Production is scheduled to last through 2020, followed by long-term maintenance and support.
- Notified by a major medical device company that eMagin’s HD-plus resolution WUXGA display has been selected for the next generation of surgical equipment. This further establishes eMagin’s presence in the medical device field and follows a large order in the second quarter from another major medical device company.
- Prepared for launch of first two consumer products, BlazeSparkTM and BlazeTorchTM, for night vision. Click for Release.
eMagin Corporation Announces Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results
“While our third quarter was impacted by the previously announced softness in our domestic military business due to lower volumes on maturing programs, we are now beginning to ship under new military programs and expect volumes to increase in 2017,” said President and CEO
“Importantly, we are in active discussions with multiple Tier One companies who recognize the superior functionality of our industry-leading OLED microdisplays for consumer applications.
“The low-power, high resolution, small form factor of our leading OLED microdisplays are finding their way into a larger number of applications and markets compared with just 12 months ago. We continue to see further traction in industrial markets as we received another design win from a leading medical device company who has chosen to integrate our microdisplays into their next generation surgical device. We also continue to see expanding interest for our technology among foreign militaries where advanced night vision and high-resolution avionics applications remain relatively underpenetrated.
“The technology in our new consumer products complements the expertise we have accumulated over the years developing leading solutions for our US military and commercial customers. We are able to enter the market for consumer and industrial night vision systems at what we believe is a disruptive price point which could result in a significantly larger market size than what is available for existing products. Not only are these new markets large, we believe they could provide eMagin with attractive gross profit opportunities over time.
“We have also made enhancements to our organization to better match our resources with future growth opportunities. Our re-aligned sales and marketing team is focused on our key end markets, including commercial/industrial, foreign military and our domestic military business. We recently made several key hires including a Vice President of Business Development who is spearheading our discussions and negotiations with potential Tier One partners and a Vice President of Operations to oversee our yield improvement program as we prepare for higher volumes and a more complex products mix. Also, we have completed the migration of our procurement and finance teams to
Hunting, yes for Coyote and Hogs where allowed. Could help in the gloaming if you feel you could convince DNR the sun ...
|NIR no help w/ obscurants but IR markers should have sufficient range for most uses|
is up enough or has not set enough for deer hunting... of course, no bears, moose, elk etc. in the dark. But observing from a deer stand in the dark would give you an idea where trails are, number and size of the prey. There are enough crazy bastards out there to base jump, parachute, rock climb as well as more sensible types who can ski, hike, observe those nocturnal critters out there. Will not mention that anybody can buy these. Wonder how Law Enforcement will approach that. Intriguing. Wonder how the crash tests dummies did wearing these in a high impact, collision scenario.
Thursday, November 10, 2016
These people are just going to have to suck it up... what the hell, they going to jump off the GW Bridge?
Derrick let's just wait until we find out how much of Dr. Fan's loot the miscreant got away with...I understand that he and his Bloodhound are hot on his trail in Shandong Province
Wednesday, November 9, 2016
|"Oh, when I get hold of him I'll...with my bare hands and...wearables"|
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
Carrier Pigeon Arrives From The DMZ with an Urgent Plea From the Trench Opposite (I only troll Derrick when he trolls the world)
Monday, November 7, 2016
C'mon guys, stop the stealth stuff, the Anti-Nuke Underwear is taking advantage of their "Brief" noteriety
SPARTAN will be Thursday at CES Unveiled New-York!👌— SPARTAN Boxers (@SpartanBoxers) November 7, 2016
Follow us live >> We will share the best pictures! pic.twitter.com/YIm4R6Q6bf
Sunday, November 6, 2016
Saturday, November 5, 2016
Friday, November 4, 2016
Thursday, November 3, 2016
Maybe it's boilerplate but none of the other Unveileds, Prague, Paris mentioned VR, only NY, eMagin is the only company exhibiting save a Jaunt-like 360/3D camera that could associate itself with VR, hey let's wait and find out!
Bellevue, you have to find somebody who can design a website more interactive and engaging than a fake soldier wearing a Felin HMD and Thermal Image of a bad guy firing a handgun. Something like Elbit Raptor, F-16 Tech in a Bike Helmet. The Anti-Nuke Underwear and Happiest Baby make you look Pre-Cambrian.
|At this point, better forgotten|
|Symrad forgot what this is.|
seriously. You can do better. A lot better.
Cal-Comp Big Data International
Ignition Design Lab
Living In Digital Times
The Tiffen Company